England & Wales // Unsecured Debt // I am about to miss a payment

A change in circumstances can happen to anyone and most people will not be prepared for what that change may mean to their household. If you have had a change in circumstances which means you may miss any payment to any of your debts, it is important to contact your lender in the first instance. Your lender will be willing to discuss your change in circumstances and may be able to offer a number solutions.

Contact Your Lender

Your lenders contact details can be found on a letter they have sent you or their website.

Prior to contacting your lender, you may wish to use the following tools;

Income & Expenditure Form

An income and expenditure form is a great tool to highlight areas of household expenditure which may be becoming unaffordable or areas which you may be overspending in.

Download Income & Expenditure Form


Entitledto contains a useful calculator to see if you would be entitled to claim any additional financial support.

Visit entitledto.com


PayPlan can offer help and support for any debt situation and a tailor made solution to suit your needs. PayPlan understand the impact that debt can have on your life. Their confidential and free advice service offers a wide range of practical solutions to help you become debt free.

Visit PayPlan

Contacting your lender may prevent you falling into arrears and keep your payments on track, visit the ‘Help Centre’ to see other sources of advice which may help and encourage you to tackle any potential debt problem head on.